Monday, June 21, 2010

To Everything There is a Season . . . Turn, Turn, Turn

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven: Ecclesiastes 3:1-8

It's official! I am now a Licensed Massage Therapist, fulfilling a life-long dream. I have been drawn to this vocation since my early twenties, but due to moves, raising a family and other factors, my dream kept being put on the back burner. As I went through boxes of papers that I had kept over the years, there was a re-occuring theme of brochures and information on the massage program at any location that I lived at since then, including Texas, Orlando and San Jose. I spent most of those years raising my family and in sales jobs, and more recently positions that entailed marketing. All the while, that calling to pursue a career in massage therapy remained a part of me. Looking back on it, I feel that those roles and years of experience and maturity have all helped to prepare me to be and have more to offer as I pursue my vocation.

With the encouragement and support of my family and friends, I have spent the last couple of years as a massage therapy student and also realized another dream of becoming a hospice volunteer.

This is an endorsement from my 10 year old daughter, Kaley:

"We wish that you have an enjoyable massage and that you know you are in caring hands in which you will feel like family and that you will be amazed at what this massage therapist can do to soothe you."
by Kaley Raack, her daughter June 2010

We live in a society where many see touch as "taboo" but I have experienced, first hand, how important human connection and positive physical touch means in the lives of those who may not otherwise be receiving it on a regular basis. I feel that it is a sacred priviledge and trust placed in my hands to do what I do.

This is my mission statement which I have displayed on the wall where I will practice my calling:

Photobucket

Through the years many have commented to me about a "magic" that they feel in my touch. I quote Bob Burg, a fine gentleman that I have the honor of calling my friend, "The most valuable gift you have to offer is yourself."

I hope to have the opportunity to share the gift of myself with those that are in need of relaxation and nurturing.

5 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your new profession and the realization of a long-time dream. I know you'll bring immense value to the lives of everyone who experiences your magic. I look forward to being one of your many loyal clients next time I'm in Reno. - Bob

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Bob, I'm really looking forward to seeing you and sharing what I do with you. ~Tele

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank You for sharing in my joy, Danny!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can always count on your Love & Support, Kelsi! :)

    ReplyDelete